Fans of aromatic and invigorating drink a lot. For its preparation, you can use not only a Turk, but also a coffee machine, which tend to get dirty quickly. The article will focus on how to clean the device from scale using folk remedies and household chemicals.
Before cleaning the coffee machine, read the instructions. Some units are equipped with the "automatic cleaning" function. If there is no such function, then you can clean it using improvised means.
- Unplug the appliance.
- When unplugging the plug, do not pull on the power cord.
- It is forbidden to use a defective device and a damaged cable.
- Do not wash the device and its parts in the dishwasher.
- Do not immerse the coffee machine in water.
- Do not expose to natural rainfall.
- Before cleaning, the machine must be placed on a flat surface.
- It is forbidden to put the appliance on a hot surface, stoves, boilers.
- The appliance must be kept away from children and pets.
With proper use and timely cleaning, it is guaranteed that the coffee machine will last a long time and will smoothly prepare delicious and aromatic coffee. Cleaning should be done once every 2-3 months or after brewing 250 cups. The main thing is to properly care, not to be lazy.
The best folk remedies against scale and plaque
Cleaning the coffee machine at home is easy, but sometimes fans neglect it. If you do not fight the scum, it may break. And the refusal of regular cleaning will negatively affect the taste of the drink.
You can carry out all the manipulations yourself, using folk remedies.
Another effective way to clean the coffee machine. It makes it possible to get rid of lime scale.
- We prepare the vinegar solution: mix water and vinegar in equal proportions.
- We fill the tank with the composition and hold it for 2.5-3 hours.
- We turn on the device in cooking mode and drive it several times.
- To get rid of the unpleasant odor, fill the tank to the top with water and use the coffee preparation program 2-3 times.
- After manipulations, wipe with a damp, and then dry cloth.
Soda is recommended for cleaning once a week. You will need to disassemble the coffee machine by removing all removable parts.
- Prepare a soda solution: pour warm water into a cup, add 5-8 tablespoons of soda, mix until gruel is obtained.
- We put on the details of the device. After an hour, rinse thoroughly with water.
This cleaning agent will help get rid of dirt.
- Make sure that there are no coffee residues in the machine.
- Remove the tank, rinse thoroughly.
- Add 1 liter of water, 30 g of citric acid to the tank.
- If the coffee machine has a self-cleaning function, it must be turned on. If there is no such function, simply turn on the coffee preparation program. It must be carried out until all liquid has been consumed from the container.
- After completion, rinse.Remove the tank, rinse, fill with clean water. We put in place, we start the program of preparation of the drink. The container should be completely clean.
This method deserves attention. With the help of Coca-Cola, you can effortlessly clean the coffee machine from scale, mineral sediment. The cleaning property of soda is due to the fact that it contains phosphoric acid, which destroys the precipitate, facilitating cleaning.
The recipe for cleaning Coca-Cola is simple. Pour the drink into the machine so that it covers the bottom and inner walls. Turn on the electric appliance, let it work for 1 hour. Then we pour out the contents, and wipe the device with a soft cloth, rinse.
If necessary, you can run the unit with clean water. Instead of Coca-Cola, it is permissible to use Fanta, Sprite, Pepsi.
This method is applied similarly to the previous ones. In 1 liter of water, add half a glass of alcohol, pour the composition into the apparatus. The brewing program is used. Upon completion, the appliance is washed and boiled again with clean water.
Manual flushing of the brewing unit and the milk tract
All modern car models for brewing coffee have an indicator. He reports that it is necessary to clean the milk tract and brewing unit.
The manual describes in detail the manual flushing procedure. You can use special tools, but this is optional.
- Disassemble the coffee machine.
- Remove the brewing unit, milk path.
- Gently descale.
- Rinse with running water.
- Dry before installing.
Household cleaning products
For cleaning, you can use liquid products to get rid of lime deposits. They include baking soda, benzotriazole, sulfamic and maleic acids. The choice depends on the model. Mainly used products of the brands Swirl, Top House, Delongi, Topper.
Limescale tablets are popular. They are divided into 2 types.
- Purified from essential oils.
- Cleared of plaque, scale.
Top House, Calc, Decalcifer, Descaling¸ Saeco, Cleans tablets are in demand. They contain maleic and sulfamic acids, baking soda, benzotriazole.
Proper operation of the coffee machine is the key to long-term service. In order for the machine not to upset the breakdowns, follow the maintenance rules.
- Use only for its intended purpose.
- Do not confuse containers.
- Use quality coffee.
- Do not put ground coffee in the bean hopper; the machine may malfunction.
- Do not turn off during operation.
- Do not overload.
- Descale regularly.
- Use detox programs to clean.
If preventive maintenance is carried out regularly, the coffee machine will always give a great drink with a captivating aroma.
I will give you some recommendations thanks to which it will be easy and simple to clean the coffee machine.
- Some models have a removable tank. It must be removed and cleaned separately.
- Carefully read the instructions.
- If there is a self-cleaning function, be sure to use it.
- Folk cleaning methods need to be tested. Using a cotton swab, apply the prepared composition to the surface of the tank. After 15-20 minutes, if the surface has not changed, clean the entire appliance. If the container has become dark or, on the contrary, has become very light, we use a different cleaning method.
- In order not to take up your time with cleaning, purchase a model with water filters. They must be changed regularly.
- If an unpleasant odor is felt after cleaning, rinse the machine, fill the tank with water and turn it on for a while. For coffee, add coffee, but you should not drink it.
Following all the recommendations, be sure that the coffee machine does not fail. The task - to prepare a delicious, invigorating coffee for its owners, is feasible.