The birth of a child is an event that occurs in the family and brings happiness. Immediately after the appearance of crumbs, inexperienced parents have many worries. They are interested in a lot, including how to get a child’s birth certificate.
Not all parents know how a baby is registered and a birth certificate is issued. If you have any difficulties, in the material you will find tips that will help you go through the procedure.
Obtaining a birth certificate is no different from previous years, since the procedure has not changed. The information is also relevant for parents who have children, and the registration process is familiar.
The current legislation establishes the time during which a birth certificate is issued - one month after the birth of the child.
The law does not provide for punishment for delaying the established period.
If the parents are not married or have different surnames, one of them will be entered in the certificate. Since the question of whose surname will be given to the child is not regulated by law, parents will have to decide it on their own. If the relationship is not formalized, they must come together to receive the document. If only one of them can come, the information of the second is written from his words, which increases the likelihood of errors.
Step-by-step plan for getting a birth certificate
- Take a look at the registry office with a package of papers required for registration of the child. These are parental passports, a marriage certificate and a medical certificate confirming the birth of the baby.
- If the marriage is not registered, provide the registry office with a certificate of establishing paternity. To receive paper at the hospital, send the appropriate request. An interesting fact is that if the birth took place outside the medical institution, parents will not receive a certificate. Then you need a statement from the doctor who took birth.
- After collecting the paper, go to the district registry office located at the place of residence of one or both parents. As for foreigners who want to obtain a certificate based on the model of their country, they are advised to contact the consulate of their native state.
Simultaneously with the documents listed above, submit an application to the registry office. The legislation provides for the possibility of filing an application by parents, authorized persons, employees of maternity hospitals and other institutions where the birth took place.
- Provide information about the child. This is the full name, date and place of birth, gender. Write down complete information about parents starting with full names and ending with the place of residence. In the statement, provide details about the father. That is why a marriage certificate is on the list of papers.
- This completes the procedure for registering a child. It remains to wait for a certificate. The law does not provide for the exact date of issuance of the document, but practice shows that this happens on the day of application, an hour after the date of application.
It is unpleasant to talk about it, but there are cases when stillborn children are born or they leave the world during the first month of life due to health problems. In this case, contact the state registration authority. At the birth of a deceased child, the issuance of a certificate is not carried out, parents receive only a certificate. If death has occurred within a month, representatives of the registry office will simultaneously issue a birth and death certificate.
Considering the financial side of the issue, existing laws provide a fee for issuing a document. You will have to pay a minuscule amount if the certificate is lost and you have initiated the procedure for receiving a duplicate. Insignificant financial expenses are expected for unmarried parents.The registry office must issue a certificate of paternity, and a state duty is provided for it.
If a planned pregnancy and wait for the baby, issue a birth certificate easily and quickly, because the procedure is free, and the document is issued on the day of treatment.