In the article, we will talk about the rules for choosing a good blanket. Guided by the instructions, everyone will find out which blanket is better to choose - from a natural or synthetic filler.
An adult spends about a third of his life sleeping. High-quality and comfortable sleep is impossible without a blanket and pillow.
Bedding should correspond to the size of the bed, temperature, physiological characteristics of the person.
- The main function of the blanket is to maintain a constant body temperature. The filler is responsible for maintaining the temperature - wool, synthetics, cotton, down, silk. When choosing, consider the composition, size, ability to retain heat.
- Choose the right size. Manufacturers offer various sizes and even make to order.
- A high-quality blanket has good warming properties. This indicator is written on the packaging.
If you freeze even on a summer night, buy a camel or cashmere blanket. To keep warm in winter, pay attention to the product from down. If it’s hot even in extreme cold, get a synthetic or silk version.
Rules for choosing a duvet
Some duvets are much more expensive than others. How to choose not to overpay? To do this, take a closer look at the proposed options.
In the production of down quilts of low quality, cheap materials are used. Be sure to pay attention to the quality of the fabric.
The most durable is a cassette-type blanket. It takes more time to make such a product. True, the result is worth it, because it differs in some features:
- the inner seam prevents the exit of fluff;
- thanks to the cassette type, the cut does not mix inside;
- due to internal membranes more airy.
The filler should consist of high-quality fluff, without an unpleasant odor. In most cases, goose down is used, the quality indicator of which is elasticity. When choosing, consider the temperature in the apartment. If the bedroom is cool, buy a warmer product.
A duvet will last a long time, if properly looked after. Fluff is a natural product, so it requires access to air and periodic ventilation.
Keeping fluff wet is strictly prohibited. When drying, it’s not worth knocking out.
Choosing a Bamboo Blanket
Bamboo fiber is a viscose-type material that resembles cotton wool.
- The size of the product from bamboo, choose 50 cm more than the bed. So the edges will go down along the edges of the berth.
- The bamboo blanket filler should spread as evenly as possible.
- Look at the firmware. If the firmware is thick, the filler remains lush and does not crumple.
In some cases, bamboo blankets are made according to the principle of a duvet cover. With the onset of cold weather, such a product plays the role of a duvet cover, and in the warm season - an independent blanket.
Benefits of Bamboo Blankets
- Suitable for sensitive skin.
- They do not cause allergic irritation and inhibit the growth of bacteria.
- They let in air and do not absorb unpleasant odors.
- Do not need special care.It is enough to occasionally take out to clean air and not expose to prolonged exposure to moisture.
- Washable in the washing machine. After washing, it is not recommended to keep it folded for a long time, the filler and coating may become deformed.
- Quite affordable cost.
Pros and Cons of Fleece Blankets
When a person buys new clothes, he is primarily guided by the season. The choice of blankets is similar. In summer, a silk or bamboo product is considered indispensable, in winter it is better to use downy or woolen.
A product filled with sheep wool has many advantages:
- It has a therapeutic effect.
- Keeps warm.
- It serves a long time.
- Absorbs moisture.
- If the sheep’s wool is not sheared or combed, sleeping under such a product is uncomfortable.
- In some cases, causes an allergic reaction.
- Moth may start.
Rules for choosing a warm blanket
A summer blanket with silk, viscose or bamboo filler in winter will not help, unless the apartment is very hot.
Let's talk about blankets that protect you from the cold in winter and provide a comfortable sleep.
- The top of the leadership belongs to duvets, despite its light weight and softness. You can use 5-point products placed in a cassette-type case. They are very warm and reliable.
- In second place are wool models. The most expensive camel hair, it is characterized by elasticity, strength, elasticity.
- Hypoallergenic winter blankets are for sale. Such products are well cleaned and are not afraid of machine wash. Widely used in Germany and Austria.
- Cotton blankets are also noteworthy. The material is well erased, absorbs moisture, does not go astray.
Types of synthetic fillers
Having visited any store that sells bedding, you will find a wide variety of models of synthetic products, characterized by filler. Such fillers do not cause allergies, they do not start bed bugs, ticks and fungi.
- Lyocell. First appeared in Britain. Made from cellulose. Durable, absorbs moisture well, pleasant to the touch. It is not difficult to care for, it can be washed in a washing machine.
- Polyester fiber. Made of polyester. The fibers are carefully intertwined, an elastic structure is obtained. The finished product quickly restores shape, evaporates moisture, retains heat and differs in ventilating properties.
- Thinsulate. It resembles fluff in characteristics. It has a long service life.
- Silicone. It does not accumulate dust and odor; ticks do not live in it. It boasts enviable thermoregulatory properties.
Synthetic blankets are soft and light, characterized by high practicality and a long service life. Their cost is much lower than products from down or wool.
How to choose a blanket for the summer
Many in the summer use winter blankets, sheets or rugs, but it should be appropriate for the season.
- The size. The summer version does not differ in size from the winter version. If the size of the available option suits you, feel free to get the same. Otherwise, buy a product that is 40 cm larger than your height. The dimensions of a standard summer blanket for two people, 180 cm tall are 205 by 220 cm.
- Cost. Some believe that the cost of a summer model is lower than a winter one. This is not so, since the price depends on the material and quality. The most expensive woolen blankets, then cotton products, and the cheapest synthetic ones.
- Tactile sensations. Make sure the product is tactilely enjoyable.
The selection of materials is huge.
- Cotton. Perfect for the warm season. Can be used without a duvet cover.
- Wool. It breathes well, retains heat, helps with diseases of the musculoskeletal system, hypoallergenic.
- Silk. Only natural silk is suitable. A low-quality silk model can cause skin diseases.
Blankets for newborns and children from three years
The right choice of blankets for the newborn
Parents are anxious about things related to a newborn baby. They buy quality clothes, safe toys, a comfortable crib and a good set of bedding.
Children's doctors recommend that pillows are not used for sleeping a baby. At the initial stage of life, the baby’s body does not have protection from the effects of the outside world. If the baby felt comfortable in her mother’s tummy, after birth, parents should provide him with such conditions. What should be a blanket for a baby?
- Only from natural material. Choose environmentally friendly raw materials without impurities. Synthetic can not be applied and brought into the room where the child is sleeping.
- The best option is with a cotton coating. The filler is needed light and high quality. Dyes are resistant.
- If the product is heavy and dense, the baby will only have to dream of comfort. The product must freely let air through, otherwise the child will begin to sweat, which will cause colds, diaper rash and other troubles.
- Consider color scheme, strength, size and type of cut. These factors do not affect the baby’s health, but will affect the parents ’wallet.
- Find the middle ground between quality and price.
- When buying, be sure to ask the seller about the availability of a license and a quality certificate.
- One blanket for a child is not enough. You have to choose and buy several options. One product is suitable for walking, the second for sleeping, and the third for crawling a child on the floor.
There is no rush to choose a blanket for a child. How correct your choice will be, depends on the health and well-being of the baby.
Choosing a blanket for a baby
Children sleep a lot, so for comfort you need to make the right choice of bedding. It refers to pillows, linen and blankets.
When choosing a baby blanket, various indicators are taken into account - the health of the baby, the indoor climate, the time of year, and the financial capabilities of the parents.
- Sintepon blanket. Warm, light, worn off remarkably, not difficult to care for. It does not allow air to pass through and can accumulate an electric charge.
- Cotton. It has good breathability, retains heat and absorbs moisture. Caring is not easy. It is difficult to wash, dries for a long time, easily absorbs odors, gets into lumps and rolls down.
- Woolen. It is based on natural fiber. You can use it if the child does not have allergies. Good breathability, warming and moisture absorption. Do not wash. Have to spend money on dry cleaning.
- Down. It is lightweight, has good heat storage, good air permeability and moisture absorption. The fluff often contains the remains of ticks, as a result, the baby may have an allergy.
- Silk. Almost perfect. Meets modern quality standards, does not accumulate an electric charge, absorbs moisture and conducts air. It is warm and does not cause difficulties with care. The only drawback is the high cost.
If you read the article to the end, you learned how to choose the right blanket, what options for fillers are offered by stores. Having decided on tastes and needs, you can easily choose a wonderful bedding that will warm you in the cold winter and bring a comfortable sleep in the hot summer.