The formation of limescale on faucets, showers, sinks, toilets - additional chores for every housewife. Due to the poor quality of water and other factors, it is necessary to wage a variety of means against layering on plumbing.
The market is full of various offers, with the help of which, allegedly, you can remove any rust or plaque. But this advertisement is far from the actual state of affairs. Few means can cope with such "growths", so not only store-based products, but also folk methods are used. It is important not to damage the surface of the plumbing equipment and thereby not to spoil.
The question of how often to clean the shower cabin and shower so that it has the proper appearance and lasts a long time, modern housewives are concerned. In this case, you can give two tips:
- After daily use, wipe the plumbing from drops of water. Make sure that water does not remain in the pan, but drops on the glass surface.
- Once a week to carry out processing using special tools that prevent the formation of not only limescale, but rust and mold. They are selected depending on the surface of the cabin.
Cleaning an acrylic shower
Acrylic is considered moody, but because of the affordability in price, preference is given to it. To clean such a tray, use cleaning powders, ordinary sponges, brushes with medium bristles, detergents, which include alkali, alcohol.
Some try to remove dirt from hard to reach places with a toothbrush. The main thing is to clean the pallet in a timely manner. Acrylic - the material is delicate and it is not worth rubbing it with coarse and metal brushes, the cabin will become worthless.
Effective folk remedies for plaque, mold and scale
Many housewives do not trust chemistry and use improvised means. What methods of cleaning at home will not harm, but will ensure clean plumbing equipment? What is better to use to forget about scale, mold and limescale for a long time?
Many have heard about table vinegar dealing with scum in teapots. Shower cabin is no exception. To use this cleaning method, it is recommended that a small amount of 9% vinegar be filled into a bottle with a spray bottle, then sprayed into contaminated places and left for 30 minutes, rinse with water. This tool removes limestone in the small openings of shower heads or hydromassage.
Citric acid will cope with problem areas on the shower tray and glass. To do this, dissolve 1 pack of acid in 1 liter of hot water, apply to the surface, leave for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Do not forget to wipe the surface dry.
Cleaning with oxalic acid is as follows:
- Dilute the product with water 5: 1. Using a sponge, apply to contaminated places and let stand for 5-10 minutes, then rinse. It is important to avoid getting acid on silicone and rubber.
- Treat the pallet with ammonia, rinse thoroughly the entire surface. Wipe dry.
For washing plumbing equipment, everyone’s favorite Coca-Cola is used.It perfectly removes limescale from faucets and the booth as a whole. Therefore, it is worth considering whether to use it as a drink.
Replace the cleaning powder with baking soda. It can be widely used in the household (in addition to cooking). In the shower cabins there will be no trace of dirt and deposits, after its application. There is a drawback to this method - the risk of scratching the surface.
Cleaning plumbing with dental powder is similar to baking soda. The advantage is that the surface is not damaged. Ideal for acrylic and metal products.
To give shine to the glass of the shower, it is recommended to dilute alcohol (vodka) with water in a 2: 1 ratio in a container with a spray gun. Apply the composition to the surface and wipe dry with a rag. All pollution will disappear without a trace.
Plumbing can also shine with ammonia, but in combination with soda and water.
- Mix 1 tbsp. l soda, 1 tbsp. l vinegar, 4 tbsp. l ammonia with 2 liters of water.
- The entire surface is treated with this solution and washed off after 10 minutes.
The most common household chemicals
On sale you can find different means for cleaning not only showers, but also any other plumbing. Their choice largely depends on which surface is contaminated and what. It can be rust, limescale.
Conventionally, household chemistry can be divided into the following types.
- Acidic products remove rust and deposits, but they cannot be cleaned with acrylic.
- Powder cleaning products remove dirt from any surface.
- Alcohol-based products are used for glass.
- When carrying out any cleaning work, you must wear tight rubber gloves.
- Using odorous cleaners, turn on the hood, open the windows for the duration of the cleaning.
There are many ways to clean and shine in a bathroom. Each hostess herself chooses a method with which she can easily and safely work. Life experience will help in choosing, starting from the price, quality and result.