Hello dear readers! Continuing the topic of repair, I will tell you where to start repairing in the bathroom and toilet with your own hands. Surely, many repairing these premises are faced with such a question.
If you are the owner of an apartment in which the bathroom is located separately from the toilet, I advise you to start repairing yourself at home by working out the same color scheme and style. Even if the rooms are divided, it is one. Design choose the same or similar in type of used finishing materials and color.
The toilet and bathroom are peculiar twins. I advise rooms to be tiled with tiles of the same type, but of a different shade. If you use the same decoration technique, you will get dissimilar rooms that will create a different mood. If the walls and floor are made in the same color, but with different finishing materials, discomfort will appear due to the contrast between the rooms.
I think now you understand why it’s better to use the same tiles and decor to decorate the bathtub and toilet. This approach will help to save. After finishing, there will be scraps, which are likely to find a place in the second room.
How to start a bathroom repair
Bathroom - a room in which a person is left alone with thoughts and emotions. Here he takes a shower, relaxes, rests after a hard day, gets rid of irritation and fatigue, receives a boost of energy.
The described effect will bring only a convenient and comfortable bathroom.
Step-by-step bathroom repair plan
- Measure the room. Take a piece of paper, a pencil, a tape measure and measure the length and height of the walls, the area of the room. Based on the numbers obtained, calculate the amount of materials that will be required to repair the bathroom.
- Mentally imagine a new bathroom. Decide on the color and type of decoration materials, location bathtubs, furniture and accessories.
- Prepare the room. Clean the walls and ceiling of the bathroom from the old finish. The work is dusty and dirty, so wear a respirator. You will need a puncher, putty knife, brush for metal and other accessories.
- Primer the walls. Lay the electrical wiring and level the ceiling with putty. At this point, mark the vertical and horizontal lines using a level or plumb line.
- Water supply replacement. Responsible step, I do not advise saving on. It is about replacing the water supply, risers and sewer in the bathroom.
- Floor waterproofing. Making a cement screed, water does not leak to the neighbors. Treat the joints between the walls and the floor, the entire area of the bathroom with a special waterproofing solution.
- To wall and floor decoration. Tryput tile in the bathroom by yourself. If you do not have skills, contact the tiler for help. Some, for the sake of economy, do not veneer the space behind and under the bathroom. It is better to revet the plane, and put the bath on the tile. Hide the side and communication will help the screen.
- Door installation. If you are going to replace the door in the bathroom, do this before laying the tiles.
- Skirting and ceiling. At the end of the perimeter of the ceiling, install a decorative baseboard, and paint the ceiling with water-based paint. If this option does not fit the ceiling in the bathroom, pay attention to stretch ceilings or structures made of plastic panels. It remains to close the seams.
Following the instructions, you will reach the final stage. At the end, install the sink, hang a mirror and a lamp, install furniture. The result is a beautiful room.
How to start repairing the toilet
People have difficulty repairing the toilet room. The toilet is an important part of housing, which I advise to repair thoroughly and correctly, given all the little things. Where to start the painstaking process, I will tell below.
- As with the bathroom, I advise you to start repairing the toilet with the preparation of the room. First of all, remove the old toilet, remove the old finishing materials from the walls, floor and ceiling.
- To the place of installationnew toilet supply water and sewage. If the sewage system in the apartment is made of cast-iron pipes, replace with plastic products. If pipe replacement is not planned, limit yourself to a plastic inlet. It is better to connect pipes with the help of special inserts. Do not forget about the slope, which is required for the normal functioning of the sewer.
- Pay attention to communications. If they run along the wall, close in the box. Be sure to make sure that the box is removed or disassembled. It’s easier to fix leaks.
- Before plastering, put beacons on the walls of the toilet. Using as a guideline, level the walls. After the plaster has dried, lay the tile.
- Switch to the floor. First, make a concrete screed, and after drying, lay the tile. Do not install the toilet immediately; it will interfere with the work in the upper part of the room.
- There are many options for finishing the walls of the toilet. Which decorative material to choose, you decide, but I advise the tile. If such cladding is not to your liking, the market offers wallpaper, mosaic tiles, natural stone or wood trim.
- Take care of the ceiling. Drywall Ceiling Suitable for the toilet room. He will hide the wiring and ventilation system. If you add a decorative baseboard, you get beauty.
- Lastly, install a luminaire in the toilet, fix the toilet bowl and attach the paper holder to the wall. I advise you to immediately understaff the toilet with shelves for storing air freshener and stocks of toilet paper.
Having passed a difficult path, in the end you will get a result that will delight you with freshness and originality. But more pleasure will come from the thought that the author of the masterpiece is you yourself.
How to start repairs in the combined bathroom
The combined bathroom has its advantages and disadvantages. The main disadvantage is that the room is accessible only to one household. Plus - the ability to expand the area of the bathroom. A washing machine or an accessory cabinet is easily put in the combined bathroom.
In modern apartments, the toilet is separate from the bathroom. At the same time, the rooms are characterized by a small area and there are often cases when a few centimeters are not enough to install furniture or another item. To fully consider the issue, consider how to combine a bathroom and a toilet.
How to combine a bathroom and a toilet
This kind of repair, in addition to construction work, provides for "paper business". According to the rules, redevelopment in the apartment is agreed in the relevant authorities. In this case, changes are made to the housing plan.
When creating a preliminary plan, note the transfer of plumbing, changes in the electrical wiring and the water supply system. This is an incomplete list of factors that cannot be ignored. Work on combining the bathroom is a small technical part of the huge work.
After approving the plan, switch to repair. It is better if for a while households go to summer rest. As a result, they will protect themselves from discomfort, and no one will bother you.
- Tear down the partition between the bathroom and the toilet, align the walls, which are usually extremely curved.
- Redo the pipes. If necessary, change their location so that they do not interfere. The same goes for the heated towel rail.
- The next step involves wiring. Run the cables, locate the switches and sockets, and install.
- Primer the walls and level the floor with a concrete screed. Before laying the flooring, whether it is a tile or other finishing material, fill the floor with bitumen. This will reduce the likelihood of flooding of neighbors during a leak.
- Stretch ceilings are a good option for a combined unit. Only entrust their installation to professionals, since the arrangement of the ceiling involves the use of special equipment and skills.
- Finish the walls and lay the flooring. To visually expand the space of the room, in each wall, install a large mirror. The combined bathroom will turn out beautiful and original.
- The final stage of the repair involves installing plumbing, placing furniture, connecting household appliances, installing bath accessories - hanging soap dishes, hooks.
If you want to achieve a result, listen to the recommendations. They will help speedy and successful completion of the repair. When the family returns home, the beauty of the combined bathroom will surprise.
The choice of furniture and layout of the bathroom
I dedicate the final part of the article to the layout of the bathroom and the intricacies of choosing furniture. If you have finances, organize a separate bathroom in the house, especially if the family is large. As a result, several people will be able to meet their needs at the same time. If you like a combined bathroom, make sure that it has a sliding partition. With its help, divide the room into zones.
Room size. To make the toilet convenient and comfortable, select a few square meters for the arrangement. Excessive space is not required. Design a bathroom, guided by tastes and preferences, but do not overdo it with space - 6-10 squares abound.
Furniture. Before buying furniture, decide what you want to see in the room. Usually this is a set of sinks, mirrors, pencil cases and floor stands. Sometimes a hanging cabinet is provided. Before buying a bath headset, make sure of the quality. On the surface of the furniture, the paint should be even.
Hardware. From the accessories, choose models equipped with chrome legs, handles and metal loops. They also make fittings from plastic, covering with a layer of chrome. Such furniture is not worth buying, since chrome or gold-plated plastic handles will quickly lose their original appearance.
Sink. Be sure to inspect the sink for chips and damage. Check the integrity of the product by tapping lightly. Buy a sink that emits a pleasant jingle, buy it safely. A dull sound is a sign of defects.
Bedside tables and wardrobes. When choosing bedside tables and cabinets, be guided by the size of the room, the number of residents and tastes. If you have more than enough space, buy a large headset that will fithair dryer, curling iron, shampoos and other things. If there is a problem with the area, pay attention to the set of cabinets and several hanging drawers.
Shelves and niches. It is useful to equip the bathroom with niches and shelves of open or closed type. They will help with the storage of bath utensils. Be sure to provide space for clothes and bath towels. A hanger or a set of hooks will help to solve the problem.
I hope that day of knowledge was not in vain, and you learned a lot of useful information.