Chowder - an ancient Slavic dish based on fresh fish. Cook for a long time, but it is popular in our time. The top of the leadership in terms of taste is white ear. It is customary to cook it from a ruff, zander, pike or perch. The second position belongs to the black ear, for the preparation of which is used chub, beluga, carp, carp or crucian. The red ear closes the top three. It is based on stellate sturgeon, salmon, salmon, sturgeon.
Red fish soup recipes
The uniqueness of the fish soup is that in other national cuisines it has no analogues. Wuhu is often called fish soup, this is not entirely correct, since it does not use flour, cereals and fried vegetables.
I use only tails, heads and salmon trimmings. The rest of the fish salt.
- salmon 800 g
- water 3-4 l
- onion 2 PC
- carrot 1 PC
- potatoes 3 PC
- greenery taste
- Bay leaf taste
- ground black pepper taste
- I put the pot of water on the tile. While the water boils, I thoroughly wash the salmon. I don’t use aluminum dishes for cooking fish soup, because the combination of fishy taste and aluminum creates a metallic taste.
- I always try to make the broth transparent. To do this, first let the water boil, add salt and only after I put the fish.
- After boiling the broth, remove the foam and send the onion and pepper to the pan. Be sure to turn down the fire.
- I determine the cooking time by the eyes of the fish - they should turn white. Fish cooks no more than 20 minutes.
- I peel the potatoes and cut them into large cubes. I clean the carrots and cut large. If there is a grater at hand, you can use it.
- I take out the finished fish from the pan, let it cool and separate the meat from the bones. I filter the broth, return it to the pan, add potatoes, carrots and boneless fish. I put in a pan with an ear a little noble laurel. I cook until the potatoes are ready.
- The finished treat is insisted for about 20 minutes. I put the greens directly in the plates with the ear.
In our regions, you have to buy salmon. If you can allow it, be sure to make salmon soup. She will appreciate the unusual taste. If you want a little variety, beat a few raw eggs in a pot with boiling ear and mix quickly. The result is a satisfying chatter.
Salmon red fish soup recipe
- salmon - 1 kg
- water - 2.7 l
- potatoes - 6 pcs.
- carrots - 1 pc.
- onion - 1 pc.
- bay leaf, pepper, herbs and salt
- I prepare the fish. I take out the salmon from the salmon, cut the fins, cut into small pieces.
- The vegetables indicated in the recipe are washed, cleaned, diced.
- I pour water into the pan, put it on the stove and let it boil.
- After boiling, I put the chopped vegetables, add a little salt and pepper, boil for 7 minutes.
- Add fish pieces to the broth, reduce heat to a minimum and cook for about a third of an hour until cooked.
- Before the end of cooking, I send several bay leaves to the pan with the ear. I close the lid and leave for a few minutes.
Cook Salmon Ear not difficult. Before serving the fish soup on the table, do not forget to put a little chopped greens in each plate. She will decorate the dish and make it more fragrant.
River fish soup recipes
We cook fish soup
Ear from carp is not difficult to prepare. For comparison, boiling it from a sterlet is much more difficult. I cook fish soup from carp over low heat, I don’t cover the pan with a lid.
- carp - 1.5 kg
- onion - 1 pc.
- potatoes - 2 pcs.
- small tomatoes - 8 pcs.
- water - 2 l
- greens, salt, pepper and bay leaf
- garlic - 4 cloves
- lemon juice - 50 g
- vegetable oil - 100 ml
- I process fish: I clean the scales, remove the entrails, and wash it well. I cut carp into pieces up to 3 cm.
- I take a pan of 5 liters. I put in it diced potatoes, peeled onions and pieces of fish with my head. Then pour water and set to cook.
- I cover the dishes. After boiling water, I remove the lid, and reduce the fire to a minimum. I cook for about 20 minutes. Then I examine the head of the fish. If the eyes popped out and turned white, the ear is almost ready.
- Salt, add bay leaf, tomatoes, peppers and herbs. If the tomatoes are large, cut into pieces. I cook about another 10 minutes. I knead the tomatoes in a plate so that the fish stock gets a sour taste.
- I put slices of boiled fish on a dish and pour in garlic sauce, which is not difficult to cook. Garlic finely grind, gradually adding sunflower oil. At the end, pour in the lemon juice.
I serve the prepared soup on the table with chopped herbs. If you do not like the sour taste, do not add tomatoes or reduce their number.
How to cook a carp ear
According to popular wisdom, it is impossible to cook a delicious ear from crucian carp. This is not true. A wonderful fish soup is made from crucian carp if the fish is fresh and cooked at the stake.
My family leads a healthy lifestyle and love to relax in nature. I often cook crucian fish soup when we get to the river.
- crucian - 1 kg
- potatoes - 5 pcs.
- onion - 2 pcs.
- parsley root
- I clean and gut the crucian carp, remove the insides, cut off the tails and fins. I wash the fish pieces well, put them in a saucepan and set them on fire, pre-pouring water.
- During cooking crucians do vegetables. Wash onions and potatoes, peel and cut into cubes. Be sure to follow the broth: remove the foam, add salt and pepper.
- I send allspice, half the onion, bay leaf, chopped parsley root and potatoes to the pan with crucian carp. I cook for about half an hour, constantly removing the foam.
- I remove the ear from the fire and let it stand under the lid for 15 minutes.
Before serving, be sure to sprinkle chopped greens on your ear. You will receive a beautiful and fragrant dish that is not ashamed to present to guests or family members, especially if on the second meat.
Recipe for perch from a perch
Ear of perch is a dish created by Slavic culinary specialists. According to sources, in the 12th century, soup was called all soups, regardless of the ingredients. Some varieties of ancient soup were reminiscent of modern compote.
- perch - 1 kg
- potatoes - 800 g
- onion - 150 g
- carrot - 150 g
- greens, salt, bay leaf and pepper
- I’m cleaning the perch. I send the tail and head into a four-liter pot, fill it with water and boil for half an hour. After I take it out, and filter the resulting broth.
- I cut the cleaned perch across the slices with a length of 3 cm. I cut and pass the onions. I grate carrots and fry.
- Diced and peeled potatoes are cut into cubes and sent to a pot with boiling broth, add pepper and salt. As soon as the liquid boils again, add the perch and cook for about 10 minutes.
- After I add the bay leaf, remove the pan from the heat and let the ear stand for about half an hour.
How to cook an ear at home
The most delicious ear is cooked at the stake. This does not mean that it is impossible to cook at home.
In this recipe I add a little pearl barleyto get a rich and satisfying treat.
- carp head - 3 pcs.
- medium potatoes - 5 pcs.
- barley - 150 g
- small carrot - 2 pcs.
- large onion - 1 head
- greens, pepper, salt, noble laurel
- Boil pearl barley until cooked and rinse well.
- I remove the gills from the carp heads and start cooking. I remove the foam with a slotted spoon.
- While preparing the broth, doing vegetables. I clean and douse with cold water. I cut the potatoes into cubes and throw in a saucepan. To the salt.
- After about 10 minutes, add chopped onion and grated carrot. Mix and cook until tender.
- At the end of cooking, add pearl barley, herbs, pepper and a noble laurel to the pan. Turn off the fire and let my ear stand.
As you can see, cooking does not even need to fry vegetables and make dressing.
How to cook an ear on a fire
Many are fond of fishing. Especially men who happily spend their free time on the banks of a picturesque pond.
The most suitable dish for fishing is an ear on a fire made from freshly caught fish.
- I carefully sort the caught fish. I choose the smallest small fish and gutting. I’m not always cleaning, but I’ll wash it.
- I clean the larger fish, gut it and cut it into pieces.
- I am preparing the broth from the little things. Before cooking, I put it in gauze and dip it in water. The result is a broth based on which the ear is prepared. After cooking the broth, discard the small fish.
- If there is no gauze, I make the broth in a different way. I cook small fish for about half an hour. After I take off the cauldrons from the fire and wait until the little thing sinks to the bottom. Then I pour the broth into another dish.
- I put a couple of pieces of big fish in the fish broth and cook until ready. I take out the finished fish from the pot, and continue to cook the soup.
- The remaining pieces of fish are sent to the broth along with potatoes, herbs, carrots and onions. If the ear is thick, add a little water. It does not affect the taste.
- I mix all the ingredients well and boil for 40 minutes. I focus on the readiness of vegetables.
- During cooking, I often do not mix, so that the fish does not fall apart, and instead of the soup, liquid porridge does not turn out.
- To prevent the ear from burning, periodically shake the boiler. I don’t cover the dishes, and take the water from the spring. As a result, the dish absorbs the aromas of nature, and the taste becomes multifaceted.
Step-by-step video recipe for fish soup from salmon head
I don’t use dill and parsley for cooking fish soup. This greens has a pronounced taste that easily interrupts the aroma of fish.
I decided to end the article with a few tips that will make the ear even tastier.
- There is a ready-made ear from the pot, using wooden spoons.
- Fish is the main ingredient. Try to put as many fish as possible. You should not overdo it with vegetables.
- In the finished dish, you can safely put salt and pepper. At the very end of cooking fish soup, you can add a little noble laurel to the pot. Upon completion of cooking, it is recommended to remove it. Otherwise, the treat will become bitter.
- If the company consists mainly of men, add a little to your ear vodka and some coals from the fire. As a result, alcohol will soften the bones, and the coal will bring the aroma of the fire, removing unpleasant odors.
Finally, I will pay a little attention to spices and seasonings. Most often, I take bay leaf, parsley, parsnip, black pepper, dill and green onions. In some cases, add fennel, turmeric, anise, ginger and saffron.
When choosing spices for fish soup I am guided by a variety of fish. If it is oily, I take more spices. If I cook from perch, I don’t add spices at all.