Lizun is a toy that has become fashionable at the end of the last century. This event was preceded by the premiere of an animated film about Ghostbusters. Among the main characters of the cartoon was Lizun - a spreading, stretching and shape-changing creature. In the article I will tell you how to make a lizun at home without sodium tetraborate and with it.
By consistency, the toy, which was given the name Handgam, resembles jelly, but does not melt in the hands. And although more than a dozen years have passed since its appearance, it is still popular among children and adolescents.
You can buy a lizun in any toy store, but the factory product includes chemical components, the contact of which with the baby’s skin does not delight caring parents. Therefore, many are interested in home-made technology, because self-made slime is safer. This toy also relieves stress, has a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system, and develops fine motor skills and creativity.
In the article I will consider popular ways to create a slime from improvised materials. They differ in the duration of execution, the composition of the ingredients, the consistency and quality of the finished product, the level of complexity.
The recipe for clear lizun without sodium tetraborate and PVA
Since the toy is intended for children, safety comes first. To create a slime, I recommend using a flour-based recipe. It is simple and allows you to create handgames in minutes.
- Hot water.
- Cold water.
- Food colorings set.
- Pour two cups of sifted flour into a small container, add 0.25 cups of cool water and some hot water, but not boiling water.
- Mix the resulting mixture thoroughly until a homogeneous consistency. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Into a homogeneous mass, add a few drops of food coloring and mix until the composition acquires a uniform color.
- Put the sticky mixture in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Remove the cooled mixture from the refrigerator and knead it well with your hands. The slime is ready.
Since working with flour often leads to contamination of clothing, I recommend making a lizun in an apron. As for me, making a viscous toy is a great activity for those who don’t know what to do when bored.
How to make a slime of shampoo and water
Every bathroom has several shampoo bottles that help people take care of their hair. But some craftsmen found another use for this tool and use it to create a handgam. And indeed, from a shampoo and water in a matter of minutes, a home-made slime is obtained.
- Shampoo - 100 ml.
- Water - 100 ml.
- Starch - 200 g.
- In a small container, combine starch, water and shampoo, mix thoroughly.
- Send the resulting mixture to the refrigerator for 12 hours. After the time has passed, the toy is ready.
Shelf life when stored in a closed container in the refrigerator is one month.If you want the toy to have a more viscous consistency, replace the starch with Titan glue.
The easiest way at home
There are many ways to create a slime. The simplest option is the one that involves the use of baking soda and dishwashing detergent. And since household chemicals are included, look after the child during the game, and then wash your hands.
- Dishwashing liquid.
- Food coloring.
- Pour a little liquid into the small container. Since there is no specific dosage, add water or household chemicals to thin the mucus while mixing the components.
- Add baking soda to the dishwashing detergent and mix. If the composition is thick, dilute with water and mix. Use the appropriate food coloring to give the color you want.
It may not work out the first time, but with practice you will learn how to create wonderful soda slides and dishwashing detergents at home. These skills come in handy. For example, you can do birthday gift for girlfriend and cheer her up a bit.
Do-it-yourself sloth made of soap and toothpaste
Do you want to become the owner of the slime? Make it yourself using toothpaste and liquid soap as the main ingredients. Such a toy will diversify your life and provide an opportunity for the realization of creative potential.
- Liquid soap - 20 ml.
- Toothpaste - 20 ml.
- Flour - 5 teaspoons.
- Squeeze the toothpaste into a small metal container, add liquid soap and mix until smooth.
- In the resulting composition, gradually introduce the flour. First, mix the mixture with a spoon, then finish the procedure with your hands.
- At the very end, slightly moisten the lizun with water and remember a little more with your hands.
As you can see, making a hygiene toy that is popular around the world is not difficult. She will help in the development and implementation of fantasies. This is also an excellent replacement for purchased plasticine.
We make lizun from starch and hydrogen peroxide
This method is incredibly popular because it does not involve large cash costs. The result is a solid toy that jumps beautifully. So do not be discouraged if such a slime does not live up to expectations.
- Water - 1 cup.
- Starch - 100 g.
- PVA glue - 100 g.
- Food coloring.
- Hydrogen peroxide.
- In a small container, mix water and starch. The result should be a mixture that, in consistency, resembles jelly. Add glue and mix.
- In the resulting mixture, add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide, a little food coloring and mix. If the mass is thick, I advise you to add a little water.
The handgams made using this technology are light and airy. This is the merit of hydrogen peroxide. As for the ingredients used, they are really available and help save.
Plasticine, water and gelatin slime
Not every home has PVA glue, starch or sodium tetraborate (borax). But to create a slime, these components are not needed, because it can be made from ordinary plasticine. If there are schoolchildren or preschool children in the house, this viscous mass will certainly be found.
- Plasticine - 100 g.
- Edible gelatin - 15 g.
- Water - 250 ml.
- Metal container, plastic bowl, stick.
- Soak gelatin in cool water. To do this, pour gelatin into a metal container and add 200 ml of water. When the gelatin swells, place the container on the stove and bring to a boil over low heat, then remove.
- Take the clay in your hand and knead until it is warm and soft. Put the softened piece of plasticine in a plastic container, add the remaining water. Stir well with a plastic spatula.
- Connect the two components. Insert slightly cooled gelatin into a mixture of water and plasticine, stir.Send the resulting mass into the refrigerator for 30 minutes. After the time has passed, the toy is ready.
A toy made according to this recipe is famous for enviable durability. Just make sure that the kids do not touch the wallpaper during the game. The traces left by the handgam are extremely problematic.
How to make lizun from sodium tetraborate and glue
A toy made of sodium tetraborate (Borax) is practically no different from the store version, but since it contains chemical components, there is no question of safety. Therefore, I advise you to play with such a lizun carefully.
- Borax - 0.5 teaspoon.
- Clerical glue - 30 g.
- Yellow and green food coloring.
- Pour a glass of warm water into a small bowl, add sodium tetraborate. Mix thoroughly until the powder is completely dissolved.
- In the second container, combine half a glass of water, 5 drops of yellow and 2 drops of green dye and glue. Stir the ingredients until smooth.
- A solution of sodium tetraborate in a thin stream, stirring, enter into the adhesive mass. As a result, the resulting mass will become viscous and suitable for the game.
Store the lizun made according to this recipe in a closed container, as it is afraid of fresh air. Do not allow the child to put the toy in his mouth.
Homemade pencil glue lick
Many of us are familiar with glue sticks. In kindergarten and school, it is used. for creating collages and applications. He found application in office work. It also makes a good slime. Cooking technology read below.
- Glue pencil - 4 pcs.
- Boron (sodium tetraborate) - 1 teaspoon.
- Food coloring.
- Take the glue stick, remove the rods and put them in a glass container. Hold them in the microwave or in the oven to form a viscous mixture. Add a little dye to the mass and mix.
- Dilute a teaspoon of bora in a small amount of water. Pour a small amount of the resulting liquid into the glue and mix. Add sodium tetraborate until the desired consistency is obtained.
You have learned popular ways to make lizun at home. Some of them are as simple as possible, while others are based on the use of purchased components. It is difficult to say which of the recipes is better, only practice will help determine this.
In conclusion, I will share some tips on creating and storing that will help extend the life of the handgam.
- To store the lizun, use a jar with a tight-fitting lid, otherwise it will dry out. Keep the jelly-like product away from sunlight and radiators.
- Try to ensure that during the game the slime does not come into contact with the fleecy surface. Otherwise, hairs will stick to it, which will lead to a loss of the pristine structure and smoothness.
- Some manufacturing methods involve the use of glue and other materials with a pronounced smell. To eliminate them and add flavor to the lizun, I advise adding a few drops of essential oil or food flavoring to the composition.
- If you want to make a luminous glow in the dark, use fluorescent paint. Today it is not difficult to buy it.
- Experiment with the composition of the mixture. To make the lick last longer, add a few drops of vinegar. Hydrogen peroxide will make the toy airy and not sticky, but slippery glycerin.
On this note, I end the article on the creation of the slime. If you know other ways, share in the comments. I hope that thanks to the information described, you will create a safe and developing toy that will fill your life with joy. Good luck