Information on how to get rid of toothache at home quickly and without pills will not fix the problem forever. However, knowledge will help to survive the time before a trip to the dental clinic.
To begin, I’ll talk about drugs that help to overcome toothache quickly. The tablets in question are sold at a pharmacy without a prescription. the doctor.
- If you strive to minimize pain, a tablet of Analgin, Aspirin or Ibuprofen will help. Surely one of the listed funds is present in the home medicine cabinet.
- Anesthetics to fight toothache are non-steroidal. They quickly muffle the inflammatory process. The list of such funds includes Nimesil, Nurofen, Ketarol and Deksalshgin.
- In dentistry, a highly effective drug is used - Indomethacin. The medicine is prescribed after dental treatment.
Everyone has heard of Aspirin. Do you know that no more than four tablets are allowed per day? People suffering from peptic ulcers or venous congestion, the drug is completely contraindicated. All of these funds are not recommended for people who have problems with the digestive system.
Remember, a medicine does not replace a doctor’s treatment. The tablet temporarily reduces the inflammatory process and briefly eliminates the pain that later returns.
Ways to remove toothache without pills
Toothache appears unexpectedly. It can ruin a holiday, vacation or work day. And not always at hand is a drug that muffles pain.
Imagine that a toothache was taken by surprise, no medicine was found in her purse, and there was no way to consult a dentist. At-hand remedies will come to the rescue, which will help relieve pain without pills.
- The method of struggle depends on the cause of the appearance. Start the fight by identifying the root cause.
- If the pain is triggered by a piece of food stuck between the teeth, rinse your mouth with warm water. If using warm fluid is ineffective, floss.
- Drink a glass of alcohol. The technique is suitable for adults who know how to drink cognac and other hard drinks.
- Under the influence of alcohol, the gums become numb. Hold a strong drink in your mouth, swallow or spit it out. The pain will disappear.
- Saline solution - is considered a highly effective tool. Dissolve a spoonful of salt in a cup of warm water. Rinse out your mouth with salt water and apply a mitt or scarf to your cheek. After a third of an hour the pain will subside.
Without pills, homemade tools help out at home. I add that experts recommend using Aspirin if there are no contraindications to combat toothache.
Aspirin is suitable for oral administration, but it is not recommended to apply to the gum, otherwise a burn will be added to the pain. Do not forget about health and be treated correctly.
How to get rid of toothache at home
Toothache is an unpleasant thing. An uninvited guest appears at the wrong time and causes discomfort.Knowledge of folk methods of dealing with pain is useful when there is no access to skilled care.
Traditional methods, which I will tell you, will not completely eliminate the pain, but make life easier before going to the dental clinic.
If the pain is caused by food stuck in the teeth, rinsing your mouth will help to eliminate it. If the inflammatory process has begun, you need to stop it as quickly as possible, otherwise complications will appear.
- Mouth disinfection. Use table salt or a sage broth. Rinse your mouth often and for a long time.
- Lotions. Insert a cotton ball soaked in special drops sold in the pharmacy into the tooth cavity. The composition of the product includes valerian with sage, which have an anti-inflammatory effect. A good alternative to drops is alcohol or whiskey.
- Auricle mass. The rhythmic pressure on the earlobe dulls the pain.
- Cold. Often toothache causes a cold. It appears when a person drinks cold liquid or eats ice cream. However, the cold can become a "lifeline" if applied to the temples, forehead or earlobe.
- Mint. Gorgeous drug for toothache. It was used before, and now it is not disregarded. Use of mint is recommended for older people, diabetics and nursing mothers.
- Garlic. Garlic, which provides the antibiotic effect, will also help to cope with the scourge. It contains volatile, which have an antibacterial effect.
- Chicory. Folk remedy recognized by dentistry. Shredded chicory root pour boiling water and add a little lemon juice. On a tablespoon of chicory, take 200 ml of boiling water and 10 drops of juice. Use rinse aid.
- Melissa tincture. AT thermos pour a little boiling water and add lemon balm leaves. An hour later, the tincture is ready. Use to rinse your mouth.
If a toothache decides to spoil the mood or interfere with sleep, the listed folk remedies will help to ease it at home as much as possible.
When the pain is muffled, do not postpone the visit to the clinic for a long time, otherwise you risk losing your tooth. Dental implant placement is an expensive pleasure.
What to do with toothache during pregnancy
Previously, during the period of bearing a child, women lost several teeth. Fortunately, modern ladies do not consider pregnancy as a serious illness that takes away beauty and health.
Each woman feels differently during pregnancy. According to statistics, most women in labor experience toothache. Ladies who had a stunning smile, inflamed gums and grinded teeth, exacerbated chronic diseases.
During pregnancy, the teeth are extremely vulnerable, due to a lack of minerals and vitamins, high acidity of the oral cavity, and a change in hormonal levels. All this contributes to the development of caries and other diseases.
These factors adversely affect the condition of the teeth. Compliance with simple rules weakens this influence.
- Diet. Eat a balanced diet and take vitamin complexes. As for pickled cucumbers and strawberry jam, discard these products.
- Oral hygiene. Pay special attention to oral hygiene. It involves brushing your teeth, using floss and mouthwash regularly.
- Visit to the dentist. If toothache occurs while consuming cold and hot foods, consult your dentist. Even a small carious cavity is a hotbed of infection, the ingress of which into the blood will harm the child.
- To treat teeth while in position is recommended in the second trimester. But, if there is a doctor’s prescription, the event can be held at any time. An exception is only complex surgical operations.
- In the treatment of "freezing" do not use. This does not mean that you have to suffer from pain. Anesthesia with adrenaline cannot be used, but lidocaine can be used.
- There is an opinion that pregnant girls should not take pictures of teeth. Do not forget about the existence of digital x-ray machines that are safe for the baby.
- Regarding painkillers, I’ll say that doctors recommend taking drugs that include paracetamol. The substance penetrates the placenta, but the fetus suffers from this. Be sure to take paracetamol carefully, following the instructions.
Now you know how to act during pregnancy, and what medications to take. Remember, it takes at least six hours to completely remove drugs from milk. When a child appears and suffers a toothache, take medications at night.
If during pregnancy there is a severe toothache, do not panic, use folk remedies, and then consult a dentist.
The most effective folk remedies for toothache
Caries is usually the cause of toothache. The list of folk methods and tools, which I will consider below, has been developed by the experience of people over the years. I’ll warn you that not all methods are suitable, because each person is individual. Through experiments and trials, you will find an effective way for yourself. To get started, try eat less sweet Is the first step to success.
- Coltsfoot. An effective folk remedy against toothache. Attach the leaves to the tooth. You can set fire to a plant and breathe in smoke. Only this method will not appeal to everyone.
- Garlic, onion and salt. Mix in equal amounts mix. Put the resulting mixture on a tooth and press it with a cotton swab for a quarter of an hour.
- Propolis. From a small piece of propolis, make a ball, which is attached to the tooth and, covered with cotton wool, hold for twenty minutes. Fresh lard is also suitable for this purpose.
- Sage broth. To calm the pain helps rinse your mouth with a decoction of sage. Pour a tablespoon of the plant with a glass of boiling water, and after insisting on the liquid, rinse your mouth.
- Mustard herb tincture. Pour 25 grams of grass with a glass of vodka, and soak the resulting mixture in a cool place for a week. Rinse the mouth with tincture.
- Oregano Oil. A handful of shredded oregano herbs pour 50 milliliters of vegetable oil, soak for eight hours, strain. The technique of use is the same as in previous cases.
- Rock salt. To prevent toothache before bedtime, hold a piece of salt in your mouth. This procedure is accompanied by discomfort, but provides a good effect.
- Whiskey pressure. Fingers of both hands apply moderate pressure to the temples. No need for this pumped up hands. If pain occurs, do not be alarmed. Hold on a minute. This will eliminate the pain.
Do not forget, traditional medicine is a good thing, but the dentist is considered the best way to deal with toothache.
These methods temporarily solve the problem. After eliminating the symptoms of the disease, it will not be possible to overcome the root cause. Only a dentist will solve the problem as efficiently as possible. Be prudent in matters of dental health, because getting rid of pain is more difficult than preventing its occurrence.
How to care for your teeth
I’ll tell you about proper dental care. Teeth are exposed to the harmful effects of bacteria, acidic liquids and mechanical damage. All this contributes to damage and enamel darkening. What to say about individuals with bad habits. They constantly cover their mouth so that people around do not see yellow-brown tooth enamel or voids in rows. therefore quit smoking and give up alcohol - the primary task.
Maintaining a snow-white smile is an easy task if healthy teeth are the genetic feature of the body. Follow these guidelines.
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Morning brushing should be done after eating, and in the evening the procedure is carried out before bedtime.
- Brush your teeth regularly and correctly.. The duration of the procedure is 2-3 minutes.
- After a meal, use toothpicks. They will help remove food debris. This may not be necessary, but remember that pieces of food contribute to the growth of bacteria.
- Use dental floss. If a toothpick does not help.
- Buy a mouthwash. Many do not use such elixirs and are mistaken. They are recommended to be used several times a day.
- Visit your doctor every six months. If there is no toothache, this does not mean that everything is in order. The dentist will see shortcomings in advance and will promptly eliminate them.
- Take brushes and pastes seriously. Be guided by tastes, a condition of teeth and sensitivity of gums. Wrong choices will lead to bad consequences.
- After cleaning, wash and brush off the equipment.. Keep the tool dry and clean. Change every two to three months.
The condition of the teeth also depends on food. If you dream of a beautiful and snow-white smile, adhere to the rules, lead a healthy lifestyle and eat healthy foods to strengthen your teeth.