Whiskey - an alcoholic beverage, the preparation of which uses natural cereals, water and yeast. Recently gaining popularity in our country. Therefore, I will tell you how to drink whiskey correctly.
The strong drink has gained worldwide fame thanks to the titanic work of many people for several centuries. They put love and soul into the creation.
The rules for drinking are as simple and interesting as the story. I will share the tips and tricks of the sommelier with which you will receive real pleasure from drinking.
How to drink whiskey and what to eat
Many people are just starting to get acquainted with this alcoholic drink. True connoisseurs of the "water of life" believe that you need to drink without a snack. According to them, the drink has a luxurious taste and strong aroma, and traditional snacks that are used to seize vodka or cognacoffend the perfect combination.
Indigenous Scots consider bite whiskey blasphemy and drink in pure form. True, they have a bottle of mineral water on hand, which they use to dilute if necessary.
A good whiskey can give a special mood, and an unwanted snack will knock it down. At the same time, the drink is very strong, and beginners can not do without a snack. That's why it is recommended to select unusual dishes that complement the taste.
According to the story, the Irish were the first to pick up whiskey. They use grilled meat and seafood, including red fish and fresh oysters. I note, the Irish believe that alcohol should not be diluted, but seized. It was they who dared to be the first to add tea, lemonade or coffee to the drink.
According to the sommelier, when choosing a snack, they are guided by the sort of drink. To find a universal dish that goes well with all varieties of whiskey is unrealistic. Therefore, when choosing food, it is recommended to observe four rules.
- With a drink characterized by a spicy taste, fruity or smoky aroma, meat, game and beef tongue are ideally combined.
- Smoked fish will complement the taste of soft brand whiskey. Smoked salmon is perfect.
- Herbal brands are recommended to eat seafood.
- Smoky peat drink jam fried lamb, beef or slices of melon.
Some use lemons or oranges for snacks, but you should not do this, because the taste of citrus interrupts the aroma of whiskey.
Americans do not follow the rules at all, trying to excel. They bite whiskey with desserts, various fruits and even bitter chocolate. Often they dilute the Cola drink. Find out how to do it right below.
Now we will talk about the proper use of whiskey.
- It is recommended to drink the drink in the evening.
- Before drinking, “cool the water of life” a little, but not much.
- Shake the contents slightly before opening the bottle.
- Drinking whiskey is taken from wide glasses on a low leg. Fill the dishes by a third.
- After taking a sip, hold the drink in your mouth to fully appreciate the taste and aroma.
The rules were invented by true connoisseurs. If you're a freshly baked whiskey fan, you don't have to follow them. You can drink a drink from any dish, seizing any dishes. In the end, you want to relax, and only you know how to do it.
How to drink whiskey with cola
Everyone knows that whiskey is combined with Cola, but few people know that during the preparation of an uncomplicated cocktail, several rules must be followed.
- If you want the taste of the cocktail to be unsurpassed, take a chilled and fresh Coke. Even the recently discovered Cola will cause an unpleasant aftertaste.
- People who like to experiment should pay attention to the different tastes of Coke. Fortunately, shops offer soda with the taste of vanilla and cherry. Persons who follow the figure and do not want to To gain weight, diet cola will do.
- Ready cocktail will bring true pleasure if you correctly calculate the proportions. Ideally, take one part of Coke for one part of alcohol. You can deviate from the rule and be guided by your tastes during the preparation of the cocktail in order to come up with new proportions.
- To drink whiskey with cola, it is recommended to use medium-sized glasses. First, pour a little ice into the glass, and then pour the ingredients in the indicated proportions.
- To decorate the finished cocktail, use a slice of lemon and a leaf of mint. If you take lime, be extremely careful, because it is a bit bitter.
- To make the taste of the cocktail more sweet and saturated, take ice cubes made from Cola. A good idea is to make ice from a mineral water.
- If the combination of liquid products is tired, add a little cinnamon to the cocktail and decorate a glass with a couple of cherries.
Whiskey is a specific alcohol whose list of significant factors is represented by taste and aftertaste. Mixing the “water of life" with Coke leads to the loss of a business card - a smoky taste.
The tastes of these liquid products are contrasting with each other, but should complement. Do not forget about the "magic properties" of Cola to dissolve scale and remove rust. If you are worried about health, I do not advise abusing a cocktail.
The first to drink whiskey with soda was the Americans. In America, the drink is made from corn, which is why it has an unpleasant aftertaste. For this reason, it is diluted.
Following the recipe, quickly prepare a cocktail characterized by a light and pleasant taste. He will definitely like it.
To make a cocktail you will need whiskey, soda water, several pieces of ice. Ice can not be used. It is believed that it freezes the taste. As for the dishes, I recommend using a low wide glass with a thickened bottom or a thin-walled glass, the shape of a tulip.
- At the bottom of the glass put a few pieces of ice and pour fifty milliliters of whiskey.
- Add thirty milliliters of soda water. It is sold in any store.
- If there is no soda, it is easy to cook it yourself at home. On a glass of mineral water, take a tablespoon of soda and a little citric acid.
- Use mint leaves and fruits to decorate the cocktail.
- Drink a cocktail slowly, taking small sips.
You must admit that it will not take a lot of time and effort to make a wonderful cocktail. The main thing is that all the ingredients are at hand.
If you drink a cocktail with a girl, create a romantic atmosphere. Slide the curtains, turn on the music and light the candles. In this case, the cocktail will give an unforgettable experience.
History of whiskey
I propose to pay a little attention to history, because not everyone knows how the drink was born.
The debate about which country made the drink for the first time will never end. Some consider Scotland the birthplace of whiskey, others claim that it was first invented in Ireland. This is not so important. The main thing is that whiskey has become an expression of Anglo-Saxon civilization.
Blame the Scots that they do not know the exact date of creation of whiskey, is not necessary. On the contrary, thanks should be expressed that they managed to bring the drink to perfection.
According to the Scots, the drink was born at the end of the XV century.According to the treasury scrolls, then one monk was given a little barley malt to prepare “water of life” - this is the name of this drink.
In the 15th century, Scotland was a poor, small and sparsely populated country, which did not prevent the Scots from taking the science of whiskey ripening to a new level. Moreover, distillation technology was also improved here.
The inhabitants of Scotland managed to inspire the experience and knowledge of Canadian, American and Japanese manufacturers. Of course, whiskey produced in these countries is very different from the original and reflects the national character of the country of origin.
The determining factor in the drink is age. 5-year-old whiskey is significantly different from a 15-year-old. A person who decides to know the world of Scottish alcohol expects a lot of interesting and exciting things.
A small, but, I hope, informative article on how to drink whiskey at home has come to an end. In conclusion, let's talk about the norms of consumption of an alcoholic drink. The daily rate of alcohol should not exceed two grams per kilogram of weight. A person whose body weight is 80 kg per day is recommended to drink more than 150 ml of whiskey.
Do not forget that each organism has its own characteristics. We are talking about the degree of activity of enzymes that utilize alcohol. Therefore, I do not recommend being guided by generally accepted standards. Generally, much better if at all stop drinking.
That’s all for me. See you soon!