Many tend to respect the traditions of brandy. At the same time, there are people who do not know how to drink cognac correctly. If you belong to this category, check out the material.
Men love cognac. Not surprising, because the drink has a rich aroma and strong taste. Women are known for male addictions, so they often choose him as new year present.
Many famous personalities preferred cognac. For example, the famous politician Winston Churchill preferred Armenian manufacturers, and Joseph Stalin was an ardent admirer of the Georgian product. The alcoholic beverage boasts a rich history and myths dedicated to its birth.
Cognac, like wine, was born long ago. In the old days, French winemakers produced a lot of wine. As a result, there were not enough barrels for storage. For this reason, the masters decided to make wine concentrate. By adding water, they made wine out of it and enjoyed the taste. As a result of repeated distillation, an amber alcohol solution was obtained, which turned out to be unusual and invigorating and had an amazing bouquet. So the drink appeared.
Cognac requires the right approach to use. This requires appropriate utensils, temperature, appetizer.
- Real cognac does not like cold. It is recommended to store in a warm place.
- Uncork the bottle half an hour before drinking. In this case, the taste is fully revealed.
- The product is usually poured into crystal glasses. Only appropriate utensils allow the taste to unfold.
To experience the luxury of taste:
- to drink slowly
- before drinking a cup of coffee,
- complement the taste with the aroma of a Cuban cigar.
Lemon is not suitable for cognac; it is better to take nuts, hard cheese or bananas.
Video tips and etiquette
The fingerprint, which is visible through a glass of alcohol, indicates high quality and the absence of impurities. If the cable runs down the wall for about 5 seconds, the age is no more than 5 years. If the run-off time reaches a quarter of a minute, the shutter speed is 20 years.
Cognac with cola
Many people use cognac without mixing. Nevertheless, the drink is popularly combined with Coke. To order such a cocktail will turn out in any restaurant or bar.
If you want to know how to drink cognac with Coke, check out the story below. I'll tell you how to mix the ingredients to make a delicious smoothie. You’ll need chilled Coca-Cola. I do not recommend using Cola, which was opened a long time ago.
Consider recipes for making cocktails, which include cognac and cola at home.
- To make a cocktail according to the classic recipe, fill the glass with ice, add Cola and cognac. The ratio of ingredients is 1 to 1.
- If you want to drink a cocktail throughout the evening, slightly lower the degree. For one part of alcohol, take three parts of Coke.
Not everyone likes a classic cocktail. Some believe that the taste gives rubber. If you are one of them, then I will tell you how to solve the problem using additional ingredients.
Pay attention to the cocktail called Brave Macho. The composition includes Coca-Cola, instant coffee cognac.
- Pour 350 ml of Cola, 35 ml of cognac into a beer glass and pour half a bag of instant coffee.
- It remains to mix well and pour into glasses.
If you want to enjoy the taste of a more exotic drink, pay attention to the cocktail, which is called "Cuban brandy." The composition includes lemon juice and ice.
- In a shaker, mix 20 ml of lemon juice, 50 ml of cognac and 4 pieces of ice. Pour the resulting liquid into a glass and add 30 ml of Cola.
- The result is a refreshing drink with a balanced taste.
The listed cocktails are very popular in bars.
The cocktails listed are low alcohol, so an appetizer is not required. If you always have a snack, take fruit or chocolate.
Cognac with coffee
The taste and aroma combination of cognac and coffee is mesmerizing. The drink warms, like mulled wine, energizes, tunes in a philosophical wave.
Cooking technology involves brewing.
- At the bottom of a fine strainer, pour a teaspoon of coffee powder and carefully tamp.
- I pour a teaspoon of home or factory brandy on coffee. Pour a teaspoon of coffee on top.
- I place the strainer over the cup and slowly pour about 100 ml of boiling water.
- I cover the cup with a saucer for a few minutes. After I add a little sugar and immediately drink.
From the first method differs the addition of cocoa and cinnamon.
- For cooking I take one and a half teaspoons of coffee, a little ground cinnamon and a half teaspoon of cocoa.
- Pour boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes. I can’t bring the liquid to a boil. I take about 100 ml of boiling water.
- At the end of cooking, I pour everything into a cup, one and a half tablespoons of cognac and a little sugar.
The highlight of the drink is the lemon zest.
- Pour a teaspoon of coffee powder with 100 ml of boiling water. I cook on low heat, not bringing to a boil.
- In a separate bowl I mix two cloves, a little cinnamon, a few pieces of sugar and grated zest. Pour the resulting mixture into cognac and set it on fire.
- I pour coffee into this dish and leave it for a few minutes.
- I filter the liquid and pour it into the cup.
Not everyone wants to stand by the stove to make a cup of brandy and coffee. You can do much easier - warm the cup in the microwave, pour a few tablespoons of alcohol, put a little sugar and pour coffee.
How to bite cognac
According to assumptions, the author of the tradition to bite cognac with lemon is Nicholas II. It can be assumed that the reason for this combination was the exotic of the lemon. However, experts say that lemon prevents the taste of alcohol from opening up.
Cognac was born in France. Here they drink without a snack from a special glass in small sips. According to tradition, the French first drink a cup of coffee, then a glass of drink and smoke a cigar. This order is called the “three C” rule. The rule is followed by people who are going to drink no more than one hundred grams of alcohol.
Snacks are selected for the drink as part of a large feast.
- The indigenous French have a bite of delicate rabbit paste, hard cheese, foie grasnuts.
- Among true gourmets, it is customary to bite a slice of cheese dipped in heated honey. Low-fat meat is also combined.
- Seafood reveals aroma - salted salmon, Red caviar, oysters and scallops.
- Sweet tooth is eaten with dark chocolate, light grapes or walnut soufflé.
- Some people prefer to drink grape juice or mineral water.
How to make cognac at home
Cognac is prepared using sophisticated technology using a special grape variety. Undoubtedly, preparing a drink at home will not work. However, you can try to do something similar.
I present three recipes that I use to make brandy. It is based on sugar, vodka or diluted alcohol, spices.
The classic recipe for brandy
The first recipe allows you to cook classic cognac at home.
- For one liter of vodka I take a teaspoon of sugar and the same amount of black tea. Add a little cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves, vanilla and a few dry lemon peels. I mix everything.
- I insist in a dark place for about 10 days. After that, I filter several times and bottle. Done.
Cognac with coffee
The cooking technology is slightly different from the classic.
- In a liter of vodka I dissolve a teaspoon of sugar.
- In a separate bowl I mix a teaspoon of coffee powder, a little cloves, peppercorns and bay leaves. I wrap the resulting mixture in a bag of gauze.
- I put the bag in a bowl with vodka. I insist in complete darkness for about a week.
- After seven days, I take the bag out of the bottle. Done.
Home recipe number 3
The third recipe is reminiscent of the second, but the list of ingredients is wider.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of sugar in a liter of vodka.
- In a separate bowl I mix a pinch of vanillin, a spoonful of black tea, half a spoonful of cinnamon, a few cloves and peas of pepper.
- I wrap the resulting mixture in a bag, which I subsequently dip in vodka.
- I insist about two weeks in a dark room. After the time, I remove the bag with spices and filter. Done.
After cooking, I pour it into beautiful bottles. Of course, homemade cognac is far from a branded product, but guests are surprised at the excellent quality of imitation.
Cognac prepared according to the above recipes is distinguished by its presentable appearance and unusual taste. In addition, you do not have to look for special grapes and keep in barrels for years. Only a few weeks, and brandy at home on the table.
Finally, I’ll add that it’s better to buy cognac in specialized stores or do it yourself. Do not buy at stalls or small shops. There is a possibility that instead of elite alcohol they will sell low-quality surrogate.
Buying at a specialized point will cost more, but health is not worth the money saved. It is much better not to drink alcohol at all and choose a healthy lifestyle.