Many are interested in how to choose the right electric and regular kettle. Everyone seeks to acquire a beautiful and functional kettle that will satisfy all needs, boasts reliability and a long service life.
It is hard to imagine a kitchen without a kettle. This item of kitchen utensils pleases with invigorating coffee in the morning and fragrant tea with a slice in the evening biscuit.
Choosing a kettle is not easy, the market offers a wide range of models, shapes, sizes, prices. Some are designed for stoves, others work from the mains. In the article I will maximize the topic of choice.
10 rules for choosing an electric kettle
An electric kettle is an everyday appliance that no kitchen can do without. If you don’t know what to give for the New Year, pay attention to such devices.
An electric kettle has many advantages over a standard product: automatic shutdown, quick boiling water, long service life.
On the shelves of stores presented a variety of models of electric kettles. During the selection, pay attention to the points and nuances described below. Knowing the intricacies will help you make the right choice.
Production material of the electric kettle body
- High-quality plastic appliances are popular. They are affordable, but the case fades over time and becomes scratched.
- Stainless steel and glass products are more aesthetic. They cost more. If finances allow, opt for this option.
Be sure to consider the heating element. The water heating rate, durability, ease of care depend on it.
- The cheapest option is an open spiral. High practicality does not boast. Hard to clean; scale appears on the surface. Kettle based on such a heating element is not allowed to be rotated on a stand.
- A hidden spiral is under the bottom. A device with this heating element is noisy and costs more. It is much more convenient and practical than the previous version.
When choosing an electric kettle, pay attention to power. The rate of boiling water depends on this indicator.
- For a family, a 2000-watt kettle is enough. Such a device brings to a boil one and a half liters of water in 4 minutes.
- Devices with a power of 3000 watts cope with the task much faster. Heavy load the power grid. If there is no special need, it is not recommended to buy such a product.
The most popular teapots with a volume of 1500 and 1700 ml. There are also road options containing no more than 500 ml.
Kettles offer a wide range of additional features that have a positive effect on usability.
Among them: temperature regulators, filters, water and network level indicators, blocking the inclusion of an empty device.
I wouldn’t refuse to get such an electric kettle as new year present. If you can allow the purchase of such a functional device, be sure to buy it. Otherwise, you can do with a simpler product.
Tips for choosing a kettle for a gas stove
Families often gather at the same table and have a tea party. In the old days, the main role in the event belonged to the samovar. Now people prefer teapots.The choice of a kettle for a gas stove should be approached responsibly, since the further operation of the device depends on this.
If the apartment has a gas stove, it is not necessary to buy an electric model, so as not to pay for expensive electricity. The device for a gas stove allows good savings.
- Decide on the volume. If the family is small, 2.5 liters is enough. If massive tea drinking is a common occurrence, get a more capacious option.
- Choose material. Kettles for a gas stove are made of stainless steel, glass, metal, cast iron.
- The stainless steel model has a stylish and sleek appearance. It is convenient to use and has a long service life.
- The main advantage of an enameled kettle is the variety of colors.
- Some companies produce them from special refractory glass, which preserves the purity and taste of water. Through the transparent walls, water boils. An expensive pleasure.
- Cast-iron teapots are very rare. Water heats up slowly. Cast iron products serve for a long time, are not afraid of scratches and deformations, retains color.
- Consider additional details. Kettles with a scroll are convenient for a gas stove. After boiling water, they do not turn off, but signal that it is time to remove from the stove.
- A pen. Make sure you have a quality pen. It will provide ease of use, protect your hands from unwanted burns.
Do not forget that during the selection you must be guided by your preferences and tastes. In this case, you can start and end the days with a smile on your face while drinking aromatic tea.
Choose a kettle with a whistle
Everyone loves to have a cup of tea on a cool evening. Choosing a kettle is an important procedure, as is organizing a tea party. I will share my own experience.
Whistling kettles are suitable for busy people who simultaneously do several things. Thanks to the whistle, the device promptly notifies the owner of boiling water.
Let's talk directly about the choice.
- Material. Made of aluminum, stainless steel, glass, composite materials.
- Whistle key. More often the key that opens the whistle is on the handle. On some models, the whistle opens under steam pressure. I recommend choosing the last option. This is convenient and the likelihood of getting a burn is minimal.
- A pen. An important element. Made from different materials.
- Metal pen. It does not allow to get burned. The thickness of the handle protects against strong heat.
- Silicone pen. Provides a pleasant tactile sensation, does not slip.
- Bakelite pen. It resembles a plastic handle. Almost does not heat up.
- Surface. It happens glossy or matte. The matte surface is easier to clean; drops and spots are clearly visible on the glossy surface.
- Volume. For a large family, a three-liter version is suitable.
- Bottom structure. Despite the similar appearance, teapots differ in the structure of the bottom. A product with a double bottom heats water faster than with a single bottom.
How to choose a teapot
Tea drinking is a real pleasure when you use good tea, heated in a quality teapot. A high-quality product is made of reliable material, holds the lid well, is equipped with a strainer and a hole for steam to escape.
- Make sure that there is a strainer at the base of the spout. So the tea leaves will not get into the cup. Remove the lid and inspect the kettle. Better when the device has several large holes. Small holes are often clogged with tea leaves.
- Optimal volume. It is not difficult to determine - one brewing should be enough for one tea party. If you drink tea alone, choose a 300 ml teapot.
- A quality model holds a drop. After stopping the pouring of the tea leaves, it does not drip on the table or saucer.
- Reliable cover. It is good if the cover is slightly recessed and has a wide inner rim or a special latch.
- There should be a small hole in the lid through which steam escapes. This hole allows you to check how tight the lid closes. It is enough to close the kettle, plug the hole and, holding the lid, blow into the spout. If the lid fits well, it will bounce a little.
- Material. The brewing options are made of porcelain, clay and glass.
- China. Ideal for teapot. Porcelain heats up quickly and efficiently, perfectly holds the temperature. In porcelain models, it is customary to brew black tea.
- Clay is suitable for green tea. Clay retains heat, but absorbs specific odors.
- Glass easily replace porcelain. True, glassware quickly gets dirty, often does not have a strainer, and may contain metal, wood or plastic parts.
- Metal teapots are rarely used. The acids contained in the tea leaves react with the material and the tea gets a smack of metal.
- Wash the teapot immediately after drinking tea.
- Do not rub inside.
- It is enough to rinse with water.
- Wipe is not recommended - it dries quickly itself.
- Keep away from smelling objects.
Do not buy the cheapest or most expensive items. Find the middle ground. So the purchase will not ruin the wallet and will please the appearance and fragrant tea with cake.