Broccoli is a healthy variety of cabbage. Contrary to herbal origin, it is satisfying and nutritious. It is not surprising that the presented vegetable is popular. In the article I will tell you how to cook broccoli tasty and healthy in a pan, in the oven, in a slow cooker and steamed.
Cabbage has a lot of fiber, vitamins and minerals. It is cooked at home in many ways, but only the right processing helps broccoli to maintain value. It is combined with all kinds of cereals and meat. That is why it is often found in salads or served as a side dish.
I will share nine step-by-step technologies for preparing a healthy vegetable that preserve the benefits. I hope you will appreciate the recipes and take on the "arms".
Let's start by putting it out. Cabbage is stewed quickly, and in the end it turns out a healthy and tasty dish, characterized by a delicate texture and health benefits. I stew broccoli in water with added salt, although I often use other vegetables.
Classic recipe with sour cream
We cook broccoli with sour cream at home, which will play the role of sauce. Thanks to sour cream, cabbage will become tender and healthy. After eating a serving of food, saturate the body with vitamins.
- frozen broccoli 300 g
- sour cream 100 g
- water 50 ml
- salt, spices taste
- Initially, thaw and rinse broccoli in plenty of water, disassemble into twigs.
- Send the prepared cabbage into a heated frying pan, pour voditsa, salt and stew for a third of an hour at minimum heat.
- Send sour cream to the pan, mix and cook for five minutes.
- Serving the stewed broccoli, sprinkle with spices and arrange in serving plates.
Now I will share a few tricks. To speed up the defrosting of broccoli, remove it from the package, put it in a deep bowl and fill it with water. Drain the water later, and use the cabbage after washing as intended.
How to cook broccoli in the oven - 3 recipes
For many people, broccoli is a favorite type of cabbage. The Internet and cookbooks offer many cooking recipes. I had to cook a vegetable in different ways, however, dishes cooked in the oven always occupied a leading position.
With the help of baked vegetables, successfully decorate the table and demonstrate to your guests culinary abilities. Believe me, such a festive meal will satisfy their appetite one hundred percent.
Recipe number 1 - Broccoli with cheese
- Cabbage - 500 g.
- Hard cheese - 150 g.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Milk - 1 cup.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Pepper and salt.
- Rinse the broccoli, wait until the liquid drains, divide into inflorescences. Pour a little oil into the stewpan and sauté the vegetables. Five minutes later, shift into shape.
- Grate the cheese in another bowl, pour in the milk and use the eggs. Salt and season with pepper, mix until smooth.
- Pour broccoli with the resulting composition and put the form in the oven preheated to two hundred degrees. After twenty minutes, remove, decorate with herbs and serve.
Using a recipe with cheese, amaze both the ordinary guest and the gourmet. Here you will find out how to cook brussels sprouts, which is not much inferior to broccoli in terms of benefits and taste characteristics.
Recipe number 2 - Broccoli with potatoes
- Cabbage - 100 g.
- Potato - 4 pcs.
- Cauliflower - 200 g.
- Milk - 50 ml.
- Hard cheese - 100 g.
- Pepper and salt.
- Wash the potatoes, put on a baking sheet and bake whole in the oven at two hundred degrees. An hour is enough.
- While preparing the potatoes, divide the cabbage into twigs and boil. Cut the baked potatoes in half, select the pulp, combine with broccoli and crush.
- Pour milk into the resulting mass, add cheese chips, pepper and salt. After mixing, a homogeneous mass will be obtained.
- Fill potato boats with the mixture, and on top lay a sprig of cabbage. Sprinkle with cheese, bake. The crust is a readiness indicator.
Recipe number 3 - Broccoli with cream
- Broccoli - 400 g
- Cream - 500 ml.
- Hard cheese - 150 g.
- Flour - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Butter, pepper and salt.
- Disconnect the cabbage inflorescences from the stems and boil. Drain the water, and throw the broccoli in a colander and move it into a mold. Cheese through a coarse grater.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet, add flour and fry for three minutes on low heat. Pour the cream into the pan, and bring the resulting mass to a boil.
- Pour the cheese into the creamy mass and, stirring, cook until melted. Pour the cabbage with the sauce. Will remain to send the form in the oven. At 180 degrees, cook for 25 minutes.
If you like this vegetable, be sure to try the recipes. I do not exclude that the dishes will not surprise, but they will absolutely help diversify the everyday menu. I think you will like these culinary masterpieces. I can’t say that they are preparing quickly, but the result compensates for the time costs. If you want something fishy, cook salmon in the oven.
Cooking broccoli in a pan
A variety of dishes are prepared from broccoli: soups, stews, salads and casseroles or a side dish that complements the main course. A frying pan, which is at the disposal of a good cook, replaces any other dishes. It helps to cook, bake, fry, dry and stew a variety of foods.
- Long loaf - 0.5 pcs.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Broccoli - 200 g.
- Wash the cabbage and sort it into inflorescences. Then boil the twigs. The main thing is not to overdo it, otherwise it will turn out porridge.
- Beat the egg. I do it with a mixer. If there is no such technique, use a fork. You just have to whip longer.
- Remove the crust from the loaf and break it into small pieces. After putting the bread in a frying pan, dry it, and then grind it in a blender.
- Roll vegetables in eggs and crackers, fry in oil. The duration of frying depends on the thickness of the stem of the inflorescence. Ready broccoli should be easy to chew and crunch.
Slow Cooking Broccoli Recipe
Broccoli was cultivated in ancient Rome. A lot of time has passed, but this type of cabbage is still popular. It has many vitamins and substances important for the body. Broccoli is a source of protein saturated with amino acids, without which the human body cannot function.
A vegetable improves the functioning of vital organs, including the liver, heart and stomach. Positively affects the functions of the nervous system. However, provided that it is cooked correctly, for example, in a slow cooker.
Broccoli cooked in a slow cooker retain nutrients. To achieve the result, a minimum of effort and time will be required.
- Cabbage - 1 kg.
- Vegetable oil - 1 spoon.
- Butter - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Water - 0.5 cups of a slow cooker.
- Pepper and salt.
- At the beginning of cooking, pour oil into the multicooker container. If you intend to use broccoli from a freezer, I do not recommend defrosting. Send frozen to the bowl.
- Add water, put butter and salt and pepper in the middle of the cabbage. It remains to activate the "Pilaf" mode for a third of an hour. Do not open the lid or stir vegetables during cooking. After a third of an hour, lay out and serve.
Serve the finished dish with meat treats - rabbit, pork or capercaillie.
The following technology helps to prepare cabbage, which is suitable for salad or vegetable slicing. By using boiled broccoli, cleanse the body and remove excess moisture and salt. Nutritionists recommend eating to women seeking lose weight and pregnant.
Broccoli and Apple Salad
Salad is a popular form of preparation, which is combined with various products, preserves the benefits and taste. The result is a salad that has a place on any table.
- Broccoli - 300 g
- Apples - 100 g.
- Dill - 50 g.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Salt and olive oil.
- Wash cabbage and disassemble for inflorescences. Act carefully, otherwise the inflorescences will fall into flowers. Lower the stems into boiling water.
- A little later, send the inflorescences to the pan. After 2 minutes, remove the pan from the stove and drain the water.
- Remove the peel from the washed apples and remove the seeds. Cut the fruit into medium slices. Wash and chop the dill, wash the lemon and cut into thin circles with the skin.
- It remains to combine the prepared products, mix and pour oil.
Broccoli in batter
Any housewife, seeing broccoli inflorescences on the store counter, understands that they are very useful, but not all buy vegetables.
Broccoli, regardless of the type of processing and method of preparation, are tender and tasty. I offer a simple and useful recipe for cabbage in batter, which is characterized by a minimum number of calories and will delight a crisp. Even if there is no experience in cooking vegetables, cope with the recipe.
- Broccoli - 1 head of cabbage.
- Vegetable oil - 1 cup.
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Flour - 150 g.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon.
- Salt and pepper.
- Sprout the cabbage with water, remove the leaves and divide into inflorescences. Place the prepared sprigs in boiling water and cook for two minutes. Remove from the water and put in a colander to make the glass water.
- While the inflorescences are cooling, prepare the dough. To do this, beat the eggs, combine with other ingredients except vegetable oil, add a little boiled water and make a dough that resembles sour cream.
- Heat sunflower oil in a deep saucepan. Using a fork, lower the inflorescence into the dough and send into boiling oil. Separate pieces should float freely in oil. This will ensure that the dough is roasted.
- After the formation of a crust, inflorescences, remove from the pan and put on a plate covered with a napkin. This will help broccoli in batter get rid of excess oil.
I recommend serving culinary delights to the table along with slices of fresh tomatoes and sour cream sauce. Believe me, juicy and crunchy treats will plunge household members into delight and benefit.
Cooking Egg Broccoli
I prepare delicious and nutritious dishes for breakfast, including broccoli with an egg. It will take a little time and effort to prepare a simple breakfast, and the result is amazing.
If you like scrambled eggs, using a masterpiece you can easily diversify the menu and make food useful. Thanks to the bright appearance, broccoli with an egg will cheer you up in the morning. As a result, you will be every day get kinder.
- Broccoli - 200 g.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 1 clove.
- Salt, pepper, oil.
- Disassemble the cabbage for inflorescences and boil for five minutes, after adding a little salt to the water.
- Remove from water and dip in cold water. If possible, add some ice to the water. As a result, the original shade will remain and will become crispy.
- Peel the clove of garlic, cut into tiny pieces and send in a hot skillet with cabbage, cut into small pieces. Fry everything lightly.
- Pour the eggs onto the cabbage and add salt and pepper. There is no exact time for frying, be guided by taste. If necessary, fry the broccoli under the lid.
Presenting a masterpiece to the table together with croutons, Satisfy the needs of each household. However, if you have the courage and imagination, experiment with the recipe, adding new products.
The benefits of broccoli for the body
Broccoli is an asparagus cabbage, the homeland of which is Italy. The plant is not afraid of small frosts and gives an excellent harvest. It is extremely useful and in some cases irreplaceable. There are no special contraindications for the body.
Broccoli is the source of the most important multivitamins. Cabbage is recommended to be consumed in autumn and winter, when the immune system weakens. Asparagus cabbage contains a lot of ascorbic acid and mineral salts. It is useful for people who suffer from urolithiasis or gout.
This type of cabbage protects the heart, it contains valuable substances, including methionine and choline, which regulate blood cholesterol. This means that broccoli prevents the development of angina pectoris, hypertension and other heart diseases.
Asparagus cabbage is a natural biostimulant. Thanks to trace elements and plant hormones, it improves gastric motility and prevents constipation and hemorrhoids.
Recently, scientists have discovered another interesting property. The constant use of cabbage helps in the treatment of patients who suffer from radiation sickness or have signs of malignancy.
According to the results of laboratory tests, medicinal substances and vitamins, which are rich in asparagus, slow down aging. This is because the use of broccoli helps the body remove toxins. On the basis of cabbage, diets have been created to help wage an effective fight against obesity.
I recommend applying the knowledge gained in practice - this is the path to a healthy and tasty diet, to healing the body.